Although Hank’s law practice has evolved to a focus on corporate law matters and related tax issues, he regularly represents clients with respect to a wide range of business transactions, including start-ups and shut-downs, organization and management issues, purchases and sales, admissions and exits of owners, disputes among owners, succession planning, business and commercial agreements and non-real estate commercial lending transactions.
Hank’s approach to serving his clients is as follows: listen to them closely, advise them on their options and obstacles and recommend solutions to successfully navigate the obstacles, being creative where necessary. In the course of a representation, he seeks to keep his client’s other key advisors, such as accountants, investment bankers and managers, financial planners, insurance agents and other consultants, informed and up to date on the status of the client’s legal matters in order to result in a coordination of efforts and minimize miscommunication.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Wake Forest University, J.D., cum laude, 1981
- Wake Forest University, B.S. in Accounting, 1978
North Carolina, 1981
ACTIVITIES AND RECOGNITIONS
- Elected to inclusion in 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America ® for work in the practice areas of Business Organizations (including LLC’s and Partnerships), Closely-Held Companies and Family Business Law and Corporate Law by his North Carolina peers in the legal profession
- Member of Taxation Committee, N.C. Association of CPAs, and former Chairperson of N.C. Department of Revenue Subcommittee
- Former Treasurer, Greensboro Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant in North Carolina since 1984
- Treasurer, Grace Community Church